Tuesday 15 September 2015

Earning It !

Whanaugatanga Badge 

So today we had an Duffy assembly! During our Duffy assembly my principal was talking about what Whanaugatanga means and what our school did yesterday for Tuakana Teina. There was 1 person that was outstanding yesterday during Tuakana Teina and they were showing a lot of Whanaugatanga. I didn't know who it was but I was thinking it might have been someone that wasn't in our year 8 class. "This badge is awarded to Lavinia. F" when I heard my name I stood up in shock. I have never gotten a badge before but during that moment I was really proud of myself. I walked up to get my badge and I had a big smile on  my face. After I got my badge I got a voucher, it was a $20 gift card and a ticket for mini golf around the world. I was really lucky because all my friend wanted it. hahaha! But it was still worth it. After school I showed my mum and she was really really proud of me, she smiled at me and hugged me and I gave her my voucher and today, I think was the best day! Thankyou to Ms. Barlow for being a good teacher for Tuakana Teina yesterday also to the BEST year 8 teacher Ms. Aireen ! 

Thankyou for Reading!

2 comments:

Whaea Petra said...

You should be really proud of yourself Lavinia! You are a great role model for Tuakana / Teina activities.

Ms Aireen said...

Malo lava le tau mafai Lavinia! I agree with Whaea Petra, you really deserved to get that whanaungatanga badge today as you were building a positive relationship with your buddy and showing a caring attitude.

I can tell you were shocked and proud at the same time because you received your award with confidence and with a great smile.

Malo lava Lavinia, keep it up!

Post a Comment